The Resource 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
- 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
- Statement of responsibility
- Mona Awad
- "Stunning...As you watch Lizzie navigate fraught relationships — with food, men, girlfriends, her parents and even with herself — you'll want to grab a friend and say: 'Whoa. This. Exactly.'" —Washington Post"A hilarious, heartbreaking book." —PeopleNamed one of the best books of the year by NPR, The Atlantic, Time Out New York, and The Globe and MailGrowing up in the suburban hell of Misery Saga (a.k.a. Mississauga), Lizzie has never liked the way she looks—even though her best friend Mel says she's the pretty one. She starts dating guys online, but she's afraid to send pictures, even when her skinny friend China does her makeup: she knows no one would want her if they could really see her. So she starts to lose. With punishing drive, she counts almonds consumed, miles logged, pounds dropped. She fights her way into coveted dresses. She grows up and gets thin, navigating double-edged validation from her mother, her friends, her husband, her reflection in the mirror. But no matter how much she loses, will she ever see herself as anything other than a fat girl? In her brilliant, hilarious, and at times shocking debut, Mona Awad simultaneously skewers the body image-obsessed culture that tells women they have no value outside their physical appearance, and delivers a tender and moving depiction of a lovably difficult young woman whose life is hijacked by her struggle to conform. As caustically funny as it is heartbreaking, 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl introduces a vital new voice in fiction.WINNER OF THE AMAZON CANADA FIRST NOVEL AWARDFINALIST FOR THE SCOTIABANK GILLER PRIZEFINALIST FOR THE COLORADO BOOK AWARD FOR LITERARY FICTIONLONGLISTED FOR THE DUBLIN LITERARY AWARDARAB AMERICAN BOOK AWARD HONORABLE MENTION FOR FICTIONNAMED ONE OF THE MOST ANTICIPATED BOOKS OF 2016 BY ELLE, BUSTLE, AND THE GLOBE AND MAIL NAMED ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OF THE MONTH BY THE HUFFINGTON POST, BUSTLE AND BOOKRIOT
- Books in Canada First Novel Award, 2015.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2016
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work 13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.ptn.lib.tx.us/resource/I_bHyGsww10/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.ptn.lib.tx.us/resource/I_bHyGsww10/">13 Ways of Looking at a Fat Girl</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.ptn.lib.tx.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.ptn.lib.tx.us/">Effie and Wilton Hebert Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Effie and Wilton Hebert Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...